Your heart is the core at which you exist, the center of your body’s entire universe. It is the essence of your innermost self. So with that being said, how are you making sure to take care of it?
In the United States, someone has a heart attack every 34 seconds. Every 60 seconds, someone dies from a heart disease-related event. Heart disease is the leading cause of death for both men and women in the United States as cardiovascular diseases obtain more lives than all forms of cancers combined. But do not fear, for it is preventable! So always remember to be Heart Smart!
With February being Heart Health Month, it’s time to rev up 2017 by making heart-healthy choices and maintaining it throughout the year! Here are a few tips to lead you in the right direction as to how to reduce putting your heart at risk.
Tips to eating Heart-Healthy:
- Be conscious of what’s on your plate.
- Eat fruits and vegetables
- Eat whole grains and minimize processed foods with added sugars
- Reduce sodium
- Include heart-healthy fats
- Hydrate with eight 8-ounce glasses of water each day
- Replace red meat with fish
Tips to a Heart-Healthy Lifestyle: Continue reading