Hello Cal State San Marcos Cougars. Spring Break is a great time to take a break from the books and have some fun. Whether it is a wild trip to Cabo San Lucas or going back home to spend time with the family, I have a great spring break tip sheet to take into consideration.
Going on a road trip?
- What to Bring: Valid Driver’s License, Proof of Insurance, Snacks, and Beverages
- Take turns behind the wheel: Have a rotating driver who is able to ensure that whoever is behind the wheel is well rested. Note, the music will change because the driver gets to be DJ, unless appointed to the shotgun passenger.
- Role of the shotgun rider: To be the wing(wo)man to the driver and help with any navigation decisions.
- Take a Map: I know we are in a generation where our smart phones can solve all of our greatest problems in life, but if our service lets us down, then we have the “old school” way of finding our destination.
- Piece of Advise: Always lock your vehicle. Never leave valuables in plain sight, lock them in the trunk.